Are you a writer who wants to make sure your ideas are communicated as beautifully, clearly, and cleanly as possible?
I’m Hannah, and I’m here to make that happen.
I help writers like you bring their best book into the world.
I’m the outside eye who ensures that your vision and voice coalesce into a well-crafted whole, and that all the details of your work support that whole. I offer:
Comprehensive or developmental editing. I focus on conveying your ideas as clearly as possible by organizing structure and reworking content. It’s the messy mucking around that’s fun, hard, and utterly worthwhile.
Copyediting. The substantive work is already done, but I check for style continuity, catch awkward phrases and grammatical mistakes, and perhaps shift small pieces around for clarity. Let’s make this text flow!
Proofreading. Typos bother me. I go over the final version of your work with the finest of fine-toothed combs to make sure your published piece is immaculate.
When you work with me, you will always get:
- My real attention and interest;
- A commitment to bringing out the best version of your work, and the chops to get it done;
- A careful eye for detail;
- A collaborator who will take care of our working relationship and of your material; and
- A fellow artist who understands what it takes to make something from scratch and see it all the way through to fruition.
Ready to make your book the best it can be?
Get in touch here or email me directly at hannah.dekeijzer [at] gmail [dot] com.